(updated 6 April 2020)
I provide the terms of service so that both the client and me (Alan My Thoughts) have an honest and straightforward understanding of what is involved in the process of working together for any writing projects (afterwards will be known as ‘project’). Do not hesitate to contact me through any of the avenues available in this website so that I can provide clarity and reassurance to you.
By accessing the website at https://alanmythoughts.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
The terms of service stated on this page apply to any work done on behalf of the client (you) by me (Alan My Thoughts).
- All work is accepted and completed only in the
- I will provide writing services agreed upon (in writing) by both parties. This will be done by sending a service agreement/contract from me to the client and the client will sign the contract, all of which will be done through an online software called HelloSign. The client does not need to sign up for a HelloSign account in order to sign the service agreement/contract.
- The client is under no obligation to offer me the project; neither am I under any obligation to accept the work offered by the client before a contract is signed by both parties.
- The project will be carried out as determined by me, using my own existing equipment.
- The work will be carried out by myself, and will not outsource the work to other third parties.
Prior to the commencement of any project, both client and I will agree, in writing, to the terms of the project:
- The medium in which the writing will be carried out. Please note that an additional charge will be imposed if the client wants the completed work to be submitted through a physical copy.
- Turnaround time required to complete the project.
- The fee for the project.
- The deadline by which the completed project will be returned.
Do note that if it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion or from the sample supplied, I have the right renegotiate the fee and/or the
Errors And Omissions
- The full responsibility will be taken by me, in which I care with every assignment or project accepted and strive to deliver complete satisfaction to clients.
- It is conceivable that on occasion errors will be missed even though a high level of proficiency has been applied.
- I shall not be liable for any loss or damage that arise.
- I am also not liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages, including loss of revenues or profits, loss of business, or loss of data.
- This exemption applies to any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or omissions, interruptions or any other intricacies.
- The ultimate responsibility lies solely with the client in every case.
- Pricing varies depending on the project scope, i.e. type of writing, project duration, etc. If you intend to discuss or work together on a project, simply book an online inquiry session right here (Yes! Click here 😄).
- Once the client and I have agreed over the fee, it is non-negotiable unless the client requests additional services (such as returning the work through postal mail). In this case, additional charges may apply.
- 50% down-payment is required for projects that cost a certain amount (e.g. USD200 and above), after which the remaining 50% to be paid after the project is completed.
- Full upfront payment is required for projects that cost less than a certain amount (e.g. below USD200).
- Payment methods:
- Payments in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) can be done through the local IBG bank transfer or e-wallet apps such as GoPayz, Boost, BigPay, Merchantrade Money, GrabPay, or TnG eWallet.
- Payments in Euro (EUR), British Pound (GBP), Australian Dollar (AUD), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), United States Dollar (USD), & Polish Zloty (PLN) can only be done through bank transfer, in which my bank account details are provided by TransferWise.
- Payments in currencies other than stated above can only be done through a TransferWise transfer. For this method, the recipient’s currency must be set in the Malaysian Ringgit (MYR).
- If the client’s (sender’s) currency isn’t listed on TransferWise, the client can do a SWIFT transfer to me, in which my bank account details are provided by TransferWise. Do note that the client can only do the SWIFT transfer in either the United States Dollar (USD) or Euro (EUR), and it can only be done in countries listed below. Details:
– Transfers in EUR. <- click for the list of countries.
– Transfers in USD: China, India, Japan, the Philippines, & Taiwan.
- Payments through cash, cheque, PayPal, or Stripe are NOT accepted by this time.
- Once you paid the initial deposit in which the client deemed to agree with the service agreement and terms & conditions (the service agreement link is included in the invoice) for a specific and mutually agreed-upon project, the terms of the cancellation & refund policy (see below) will be applicable with immediate effect.
- Unless otherwise agreed, I will provide the client with an invoice immediately upon the mutually agreed-upon project, and the return of the completed project.
- Payment should be made within a specified time, agreed in advance, from submission of the invoice, or within 15 days.
- If you want to change the payment method, simply let me know in advance. Similarly, if there’s a problem when I receive the payment, I will let you know on changing the payment method (if applicable).
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- In an unlikely event that the client cancels the work during the project, I reserve the right to make a full refund of the following:
- 100% of the agreed fee if the work is less than 50% complete; or
- 50% of the agreed fee if the work is about 50% to 80% complete.
- If the cancellation is made before the project starts, I reserve the right to make a full refund for 100% of the agreed fee if the cancellation is being made about less than 15 days, or 50% of the agreed fee if it is being made about less than 30 days.
- No refund will be made if the client requests to cancel with more than two months’ notice, or if the work is more than 80% complete.
- Both the client and I have the right to terminate the contract for services at any time if there is a serious breach of the contract agreed beforehand.
- In the unlikely event that the client deals with difficult circumstances that cause him or her to request for the cancellation, the client should inform me to discuss the terms of the cancellation & refund policy. Same applies when I am in any difficult circumstances, a discussion will commence to renegotiate the
projector find an alternative provider for continuing my services.
- All of the contents of the project will be kept confidential and not made exposed to any third parties without prior permission in any way.
- I will not, under any circumstances, upload the client’s files to other websites, or distribute them to third parties unless authorised to do so by the client.
- However, I do use Google Docs and OneDrive for cloud storage, unless a special request is being made from the client-side to submit through other cloud storage provider or other alternatives.
- All contents in the project delivered by the Client for the project are owned by the client.
- Following the payment of my invoice, any contents, therefore, will become the copyright of the client unless otherwise agreed beforehand.
- Any inquiry sessions will be done entirely online with the use of the Zoom/Skype/Google Hangouts Meet app for the video/voice calls. The bookings must be done online through https://alanmythoughts.as.me/.
- No charge will be imposed for the online inquiry session.
- Please note that in-person meetings can be arranged as well, but only clients in Penang can opt for the arrangement for now. Please contact me directly if you intend to meet me in-person/face-to-face.
- Any other promotions and discounts will be offered on an occasional basis. During that period, such offers are only valid per invoice per client.
- I reserve the right to amend or remove the aforementioned promotions and discounts without prior notice.
These terms of service are subject to the laws of Malaysia, and both parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Malaysian court.
Let’s collaborate on a project 🤝.