(updated 5 November 2022)
I provide the terms of service so that both the client and me (Alan My Thoughts) have an honest and straightforward understanding of what is involved in the process of working together for any writing projects (afterwards will be known as ‘project’). Do not hesitate to contact me through any of the avenues available on this website so that I can provide clarity and reassurance to you.
By accessing the website at http://alanmythoughts.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
The terms of service stated on this page apply to any work done on behalf of the client (you) by me (Alan My Thoughts).
- All work is accepted and completed only in the
- I will provide writing services agreed upon (in writing) by both parties.
- This will be done by sending a service agreement/contract from me to the client, and the client will sign the contract, all of which will be done through an online software called Plutio. The client does not need to sign up for a Plutio account in order to sign the service agreement/contract.
- The client is under no obligation to offer me the project; neither am I under any obligation to accept the work offered by the client before a contract is signed by both parties.
- The project will be carried out as determined by me, using my own existing equipment.
- The work will be carried out by myself, and will not outsource the work to other third parties.
Prior to the commencement of any project, both client and I will agree, in writing, to the terms of the project:
- The medium in which the writing will be carried out. Please note that an additional charge will be imposed if the client wants the completed work to be submitted through a physical copy.
- Turnaround time required to complete the project.
- The fee for the project.
- The deadline by which the completed project will be returned.
Do note that if it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion or from the sample supplied, I have the right to renegotiate the fee and/or the
Errors And Omissions
- Full responsibility will be taken by me, in which I care with every assignment or project accepted and strive to deliver complete satisfaction to clients.
- It is conceivable that on occasion, errors will be missed even though a high level of proficiency has been applied.
- I shall not be liable for any loss or damage that arises.
- I am also not liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages, including loss of revenues or profits, loss of business, or loss of data.
- This exemption applies to any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or omissions, interruptions or any other intricacies.
- The ultimate responsibility lies solely with the client in every case.
- For all my writing services, the minimum project fee must be at least US$1,500 and above.
- However, for white paper and
- The project fee can be one-off or recurring monthly.
- Once the client and I have agreed on the pricing (for custom-made packages), it is non-negotiable unless the client requests additional services (such as returning the work through postal mail). In this case, additional charges may apply.
- 50% downpayment is required upfront, after which the remaining 50% is to be paid after the project is completed.
- Payment methods:
- DuitNow (for Malaysian clients).
- Bank transfer (through Wise (formerly known as TransferWise) for non-Malaysian clients).
- Credit/Debit card (Stripe will be used as the payment processor).
- Once you paid the initial deposit in which the client deemed to agree with the service agreement and terms & conditions (the service agreement link is included in the invoice) for a specific and mutually agreed-upon project, the terms of the cancellation & refund policy (see below) will be applicable with immediate effect.
- Unless otherwise agreed, I will provide the client with an invoice immediately upon the mutually agreed-upon project and the return of the completed project.
- Payment should be made within a specified time, agreed in advance, from submission of the invoice or within 15 days.
- If you want to change the payment method, simply let me know in advance.
- Similarly, if there’s a problem when I receive the payment, I will let you know about changing the payment method (if applicable).
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- In the unlikely event that the client cancels the work during the project, I reserve the right to make a refund of the following:
- 100% of the agreed fee if the project begins within 24 hours from the starting date and time.
- 50% of the agreed fee if you request the refund after 24 hours, but before day 3 of the project commencement.
- NO REFUND will be made if the client requests to cancel after 3 days of starting the project.
- Both the client and I have the right to terminate the contract for services at any time if there is a serious breach of the contract agreed upon beforehand.
- In the unlikely event that the client deals with difficult circumstances that cause him or her to request the cancellation, the client should inform me to discuss the terms of the cancellation & refund policy. The same applies when I am in any difficult circumstances, a discussion will commence to renegotiate the
projector find an alternative provider for continuing my services.
- All of the contents of the project will be kept confidential and not made exposed to any third parties without prior permission in any way.
- I will not, under any circumstances, upload the client’s files to other websites or distribute them to third parties unless authorized to do so by the client.
- However, I do use Google Docs and Google Drive for cloud storage unless a special request is being made from the client side to submit through other cloud storage providers or other alternatives.
- All contents in the project delivered by the Client for the project are owned by the Client once the Client makes the full payment.
- Following the payment of my invoice, any contents, therefore, will become the copyright of the client unless otherwise agreed beforehand.
- If you are a new customer, inquiries should be done through my email or LinkedIn.
- If you are an existing customer, any inquiries have to be sent through the client portal at portal.alanmythoughts.com.
- In-person meetings can be arranged as well, but only prospective clients in Penang and Klang Valley can opt for the arrangement for now. Please contact me beforehand if you intend to meet me in person/face-to-face.
These terms of service are subject to the laws of Malaysia, and both parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Malaysian court.